intro


I dream up and experiment with cocktail recipes. Then I share my favorite every Monday. Give something a try if it sounds good to you. If you stick with me, every week will include a flavor adventure.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Frosty Fig

I couldn’t resist using the ruby flesh from the last harvest on my fig tree. Toast winter with something elegant and sweet.



Ingredients:

Crème de Figue
Fig
Pear
Agave nectar
Salt

Peel and core fresh pear. Cube pear and freeze overnight. Slice fresh figs in half and scoop out flesh with a spoon. Place ¼ cup fresh fig flesh into blender along with 1/3 cup frozen pear chunks and 3 tablespoons crème de figue. Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glass and top with fresh fig slice. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle agave nectar on top. Grab a spoon.

NEXT WEEK: Cool Cocoa