intro


I dream up and experiment with cocktail recipes. Then I share my favorite every Monday. Give something a try if it sounds good to you. If you stick with me, every week will include a flavor adventure.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Easy Medicine

Welcome to the month of savoury whiskey experiences. I recommend using Canadian blended whisky since it is light and versatile. (Crown Royal, Seagram's, Canadian Club, etc.)

Lets get started with a safe warm-up. A smooth sip to prime our palates with the perfect balance of a pungent herb and the softness of honey.
 

Ingredients:

Rosemary
Honey
Whisky

Pluck the needles from a sprig of fresh rosemary and grind to a powdery pulp in a coffee grinder, nut chopper or small food processor (30 seconds to 1 minute). Place 1 teaspoon of ground rosemary into a small glass. Add 1 teaspoon honey and mix until a paste. Add ¼ cup Canadian Whisky and stir well. Fill serving glass with ice. Pour drink gently through fine sieve into ice filled glass. Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary.

I mention using a fine sieve enough it seems fair that I should show you what I mean:




NEXT WEEK: Dark Pepper