intro


I dream up and experiment with cocktail recipes. Then I share my favorite every Monday. Give something a try if it sounds good to you. If you stick with me, every week will include a flavor adventure.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Line Drive

July is tasting summer classics for the first time. Starting with a hard lemonade sweetened and spiced to delight.

All American as baseball, celebrate this 4th of July with a Line Drive.



Ingredients:

Lemon juice
Bourbon whiskey
Blended whisky
Water
Rhubarb syrup
Pure Maple syrup

Add 1 tablespoon each of fresh squeezed strained lemon juice and Bourbon whiskey to tall serving glass half filled with ice. Measure and add 2 tablespoons blended whisky (I used Seagram's 7) and ¼ cup water. Stir in 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rhubarb syrup and ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup. Garnish with lemon slice.

To make rhubarb syrup you will need :

Rhubarb
Turbinado (raw) sugar
Water
Cloves
Add 2 cups chopped rhubarb, ¾ cup turbinado sugar, ½ cup water and 8 whole cloves into a small saucepot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and chill.

NEXT WEEK: Spike